Whilst trying to come up with a possible topic for a blog based on self-imposed or regulatory restrictions surrounding information I could blog, it was suggested that an interesting and amusing read may be the top ten reasons for being late to work.
A quick bit of research showed numerous blogs on this subject already unsurprisingly, however interestingly one had a note to the effect that “this is supposed to be a light-hearted look at the excuses used by employees, when arriving late for work – and that no excuse is recommended but perhaps a course in time management may be needed!” Good point particularly in this pro-litigation society we live in!
Whilst most of us cannot compete with some of the potential extreme examples found, they are quite unbelievable, would anyone really use them as I am sure all would make the headlines exposing a fraudulent excuse very quickly!?
- Attacked by a swarm of bees
- Escaped lion roaming the streets
- Confined to home due to a terrorist alert
On the other hand classic excuses include:
- Stopped to help someone (aaaaah, there are some nice people out there)
- Lost Keys
- Fell asleep late and couldn’t wake up
- Alarm didn’t go off
- Ran out of fuel
Can you believe some people even cite wet washing as an excuse for being late – well you can’t go to work in wet clothes now can you??
So to conclude this brief blog, how do you think we at DSCallards rate for variety!?
- Flight was late getting in
- Sent text explaining to……
- Stuck in traffic following an accident
- Had to queue at petrol station for fuel
- Forgot to change clocks
- Courtesy car didn’t have any fuel in it
- Waiting for a plumber
Not bad eh? Whilst some may not be very remarkable, they are all ours ….. I’m off to find the beast of Dartmoor, I’ll be back to work in a couple of days, wait for the text!
For more information on our human-side here at DSCallards, visit our Facebook page here.